LA: Creating Sentences (3rd-4th Grade)
Class: Creating Sentences
Course Track: Weekly, Afternoon
Course Time: 3:00 – 4:00 pm
Teacher: Heather Sanders
Teacher Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistants: Michelle Blaylock, Tanya Blair
Class Fee: $25/year
Class Maximum: 10
Class Minimum: 5
Grade/Age(s): 3rd-4th Grade
The Write Foundation is introducing Creating Sentences, a beginning writing level course.
Creating Sentences prepares students for formal paragraph writing by teaching students how to develop better sentences with basic grammar and figures of speech, while dealing with common writing errors such as when is a noun proper, misused homonyms and apostrophe confusion.
Each lesson uses engaging writing activities and entertaining games geared for 8-10 year old students, which develop and advance students’ creative writing abilities and other writing skills. When taught how to write with structure and style most students find that instead of being the dreaded subject, writing becomes an enjoyable creative outlet.
Creating Sentences is suggested for ages 8-10 or grade levels 3rd-4th.
Since we will begin lessons on the very first day of class, students must have ALL of the following supplies from Day One:
- (1) Set of Creating Sentences Student Worksheets ($18 + tax and/or shipping). These can be purchased at The Write Foundation website by following this link.
- (1) 3-ring binder (1 to 2 inch is fine)
- loose leaf notebook paper
- pencil or pens
- 6+ highlighters (must have six colors: blue, yellow, green, orange, pink, and purple)
- 8 notebook divider tabs
- 1 Dictionary (can use a pocket dictionary)
- 1 Thesaurus (can use a pocket thesaurus)
** Students can load their binders with only Lessons 1-15 for the first semester to reduce their binder load.