The WCHC is offering a time each month where families with children of all ages can come together to serve others and the community.
Community service events will be held at FOHC (with the exception of those noted) from 1:00-3:00 on the following dates.
The cost to participate will vary depending on the activity, but in most cases it will simply be to bring items to donate for the selected project.
Activities will be posted at least a month in advance to allow time to collect items that will be needed. We would love to have you join us!
- September 17 – Pillowcase Tye Dye Party to donate to children at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital for Children – Special thanks to all who showed up! We created 28 pillowcases and had a great time doing it!
- October 15 – Honoring our Police Officers, Firefighters and Emergency Workers – Participants brought 1-2 dozen cookies, brownies and other favorite baked goods, made thank you cards and repackaged it all into treat bags for local service officials.
- November 12 – Operation Christmas Child box collection.
- December 3 – Montgomery Meadows Retirement Community – Christmas Caroling Outreach – Assemble gift bags to give to the residents of the Montgomery Meadows Community while caroling.
January 21 – Support our Soldiers – Support our Soldiers is a 501(c)3 that sends care packages to soldiers serving our country overseas. This month’s service activity will be to make Valentine’s Day cards to be sent to men and women serving our country.Cancelled.
- April 8th – Please help fill envelopes for pastor’s children in Rwanda! Click through the link for more details.
- May 13 (off campus)
If you have questions you may contact Denise Winston at email@example.com.